If our Bible study is boring, we are missing something; if we think we have God all figured out and explained, guess again.
Sometimes it feels like I plateaued at some point without really noticing. I acquired a certain basic level of knowledge about God and then just sort of coasted after that. The decisions I make, the opinions I express, the avenues of counseling I pursue, the direction I take in personal discipleship sessions, seem to emanate more from a rather dormant orthodoxy lying about in the background.
"πολυποίκιλος...polupoikilos... much variegated, that is, multifarious: - manifold." (Strong's Concordance)His wisdom is variegated, multifaceted, subtle, profound, exquisite, infinitely more than the portions I have understood and embraced.
I hope the New Year 2010 finds me in more of a discovery mode... that I might have an eye for a fresh perspective... a desire for a pure heart, a fuller embrace of His wisdom.
But true wisdom is not just about changing me and keeping me fresh.
"...might be known by the church"
It is collectively our vocation to portray and communicate His multifaceted, infinite wisdom to our world.
Resting on my laurels after arriving at a level of understanding that I almost subconsciously tag as "adequate" not only leaves me open to blinding ignorance, it shortchanges the people who depend on me for a "word from the Lord" (Jer. 37:17).
Thankfully, God's grace is as variegated and marvelous as His wisdom!
“10 As every man hath received the gift, [even so] minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.” (1 Peter 4:10 AV)
I'm pretty sure that I have not lived up to my potential, that He has given me so much more than I have given to others. I am real sure that His grace facilitates the living out of His wisdom.
I hope the New Year 2010 finds me a better ambassador, the kind my Savior deserves. That is my prayer for all of us as well.
Well said. One of my greatest joys in following Christ is the constant challenge to my ignorance and clumsy inexperience. He is so patient... Thanks my friend.
ReplyDelete